Distributed Rendering Slave Timing Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering Slave Timing Out

I'm trying to render out a 750mb max file via DR with 2 machines. I believe my problem is that it is taking the second machine too long to open the file because of its size. Is there a way to increase the amount of time vray will ping the server before it times out? I don't want to break up the file unless there's no other solution. I know DR is working correctly because smaller files are rendering on the slave. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    we have the same problem here. (very big scenes won't render with DR)
    The only solution we have found is to use XRef-scenes inside of 3dsmax.
    Your "master scene" in max has to be relative small (about 50-100mb are ok) and all the other parts of the scene have to be in XRef-files (XRef scenes or XRef objects).
    Then link these Xref scens/objects in your masterfile and DR should work (there is of course some loading time).
    Hope this helps you.
    Good luck!

Comment

Great, thanks so much for your help.

Comment

'compress on save' option will help you, and id use it all the time with a network to be honest its faster.

also vray proxies will help.
        WerT
        www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I have used "compress on save" all the time but i am working on a 300 mb file now (uncompressed size) and its taking very long to "autosave" every 15 minutes.

Turning off "compress on save" seems to speed autosave up but only because its saving the file to my local drive.

Network rendering might be better with the option on.
          Reflect, repent and reboot.
          Order shall return.

Comment

learn about vray proxies, they will get your scene down to the double digit size again
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
            X