vray and shag:hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray and shag:hair

This is a question for the vray team: Have you guys done much testing with vray and shag:hair? Ive not gotten good results with the two. The antialiasing seems to not look real good when set to geometry mode and the hair shader doesn't look particular good either. I could post some pics showing my problem if your interested.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Well, I for one would be very interested actually, if that counts?

Stefan
    Stefan Kubicek
    www.keyvis.at

Comment

There are a number of issues with shag:Hair. Most of them rise from the fact it can't do its internal rendering from various points of view within a frame (thus reflections, refractions, DOF, GI etc wouldnt work properly). I don't think I recall problems with geometry rendering, so please post some images that would shed light on the problem.
      Peter
      ...keep walking...

Comment

Well, we done much Fur testing at the weekend and all I can say is: it looks cool. We compared Shag with the Hair tool coming with XSI (There are some XSI fans around us) and all I can say is: If you turn your hair to geometry Vray will rock it! (SPEED!!!)
        If you want to improve the look of hair, you have to turn AA up. (not in the shag render) Next take the Hair shader to get a nice highlight on the Hair...
        (using the 3d Version)

robert
        I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

ive used shag and vray. seemed to be ok. i used geometry mode

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
          X