Override Max environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Override Max environment

when I use the VRay Environment I want it to shine through my exterior glass, is there a way to achieve this?

also when the VRay light is inside a room the skylight portal option won't work, whats the deal what these?

_Jay

Comment

did you have "affect shadows" turned on on your exterior glass? ive had no problems with glass windows

i Do use interior lighting in some of my scenes but for the most part i didnt find problems with skylight getting through the glass.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Tanks for the reply Da_Elf....
        did you have "affect shadows" turned on on your exterior glass?
        I have the object properties: receive & cast shadows off.

.....ok, just been playing around with the scene and it is working fine, I was trying to get a camera mapped object (my exterior windows) to have the environment shine through, to no avail. but what I'm disscovering is that with the standard texture (my boss didn't like the IOR when we see the building its' self) and pre calced Irradiance map the render times slow down. but with single the overall rendering times are great!?! I read that the irrad. map over network slows things down so I guess it's single frame, bit dissapointing that I can't use the "add to current map" function (God I feel so guilty say that, VRay rules!!!! )

oh & great images Da_Elf thanks for the help.

Comment

affect shadows is a perameter in the vray material

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

what an amature! thanks mate.

Comment

Working...
            X