DR + Number of passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR + Number of passes

I use a pc with 8 cores (intel core i7) and and another one with 4 cores (xeon e5420) for distributed rendering.
    the computer with the intel core i7 cpu is used als render client.
    generally i set the number of passes in light cache as high as the number of the cores of the cpu, what should i do in dr?
    in a post from 2006 this issue was discussed yet and vlado wrote that light cache is only processed on one pc.
    is this still true?

The lightcache is calculated on all the machines but the host computer is the one that is saved and used. Hopefully, one day, we will be able to DR the lightcache.

Comment

thanks for the info,
      so i take the same value for the number of passes (in lc), as the number of cores in the cpu of the host computer?

Comment

Yes, the host computer determines the number of cores used for lightcache on all machines. That's my understanding. All of my computers have 8 cores so no problem. I have never tested on 4 cores to see if it effects the render time on a slave. I don't see how it would since the host is sending the use of 8 cores. Now if you only had a 4 core for the host, that could possibly be a problem for the 8 core nodes. Vlado could answer that question.

Comment

Working...
        X