Black Animated Geometry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Animated Geometry

When I animate a sofa with scale from 0% to 100% so that it expands into the scene - it renders black.

Some of the other geometry which is animated in the same way renders fine. Other geometry which has the slice modifier animated renders fine also.

I am not sure what the problem is so, any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CamB4theye0059.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	869267

If I change the rendering method to Single in the Irrad Map and Light Cache - it renders fine.

Comment

what method for rendering were you using initially?
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but, I have been rendering it with the normal method of pre rendering using the irrad pre animation then rendering using the animation setting.

A number of things have started to happen;

1. Some of the animated geometry is rendering black
        2. When rendered over the network I get an error - some times it happens about 30 frames in, now it happens at the beginning of the render
        3. The model would crash when I set it to render from the saved irrad map when using the animation setting.

At the moment, I cannot render anything as it won't even render on one machine. I feel it has something to do with the Animation (rendering) setting - somehow.

I have been trying to get this to work for a week now and it is a serious problem for this project.

Comment

sounds like network / license issue?
          WerT
          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I can render other animations over the network and use distributed rendering.
            Last edited by Noise; 23-10-2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Just for the record, the problem was that at the start of the animation, the sofa is scaled to 0%; in animation mode V-Ray puts the irradiance map samples based on the original object transformation, and so they all end up being in the same space.

If the sofa is scaled to e.g. 0.01% at the start of the animation, things render fine.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for your help Vlado.

Such a small thing really messed me up for a week - but its all sorted now !

Comment

Working...
                X