No announcement yet.

blurry reflections artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a limitation, for a single cube we cant get reflections at all the faces when using anisotropic, since the first 03 build.

Gonçalo

Comment

Here's a 3ds, I already delete my max scene. Just apply a blurry reflection material to it.

http://users.pandora.be/stor1/vray/Blurry.zip

flipside
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

I would also second the suggestion on importing OBJ files instead of 3DS files, it's how I bring all my Lightwave models into MAX.

There are a couple free scripts that add OBJ import/export into MAX (sorry can't remember where I got mine), they work with MAX 4.26 fine as that's also what I'm using.

Comment

The anisotropy is very sensitive to totally flat areas perpendicular to it's axis. Often you can fix it by chamfering an edge, welding or collapsing points.

What you want to be on the lookout for is more than two polygons next to each other on the same plane (which creates a perfectly flat area after phong smoothing)

I changed the geometry in your 3dsfile to get this result:

Here's the file:
          Max 5.1/VRay 1.09.03d file ~152 KB
          Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Could you export as 3ds? I don't have max 5...

Or try to explain what you did

regards,

flipside
            Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

http://vray.info/assets/aniso.3ds

Comment

Hi

I`m traying to make an anisotropic reflection like the one in your file egz. But I need with more radial lineas in the horizontal axis. The material is aluminium (I dont know the translation of the process, in spanish is "repujado"), and the process mark the material with very little lines. Its more like de Wine Glass made by Vlado.

I`m trayin to acomplish that efect with not the perfect result changing de glossines and the anisotropic value.

Any idear?

Comment

could you post an image or a file, and I could take a look at it.

Comment

here...

Without interpolation
                    reflection almost black
                    glossiness 0.75
                    anisotropic -0,7

With interpolation

I`m trying to get a more horizontal affect.

tnx for the kick reply

Comment

Heres my best attemp

Comment

eltiosiba: could you please post your material or at least a screenshot of the material settings? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X