Match VrayCam to standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match VrayCam to standard?

I desperately need to match a Vray camera to an existing standard camera. The standard camera is what comes in from some tracking software and contains the info for focal length and FOV. I have been unable to match this camera using a Vray cam, but need to use the vray cam for the final render.

I searched here and found links to Lele's script. I Installed it but nothing happens when I click PhyscamConverter.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can do this, or what I am doing wrong with the script?

We are tracking this shot through Syntheyes, if anyone has a suggestion on getting the proper vray camera info into max.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Pongo; 23-12-2009, 03:39 PM.

As far as the animation goes, just link the V-Ray camera to the standard one.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sounds to me like you didn't install the scripts properly as it's never failed when I've converted a Syntheyes-tracked camera. Make sure you've downloaded the latest version, re-run the installer, select the camera and run the script again. I can assure you 100% that the script works flawlessly, we run it here all the time.
      http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Vlado,... I've already done that, but the FOV is different. I can change the focal length to match, but not the FOV, since there is no setting for this in the vray cam.

As for the script, I don't see what I could be doing wrong,... it appeared to install properly, and it shows up on the ctrl/alt/shift quad menu, but when I select it nothing happens. How is it supposed to work, and is there something I am possibly doing wrong with it? I get no script errors, just nothing happens.

Comment

does the aperture width setting (under render settings/common parameters/outut size) match the film back setting in your vray cam?

Comment

lele script pack has a standard to vray cam convertor
            works pretty well

Comment

If you would read my first post, you should see that I tried the script, but it is not working here.

This particular job is out and done now, but I never did get a good solution to the problem. In the end I manually tweaked numbers on the vray camera until it matched 95% with the standard one. I'd like to have a good solution for the next time the problem comes up though.

Comment

I've used Lele's physcam convertor more times then I can count. If you can't get it working, and have tried installing it multiple times, then something is wrong on your end.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Ok,... one more time then,... any ideas on WHY the script isn't working for me? It appears to install just fine, and it shows up in the menus like it should. When I select the camera converter, absolutely nothing happens though.

I've tried it with.
                  1. nothing selected
                  2. the standard Cam selected
                  3. the vray Cam selected
                  4. both cameras selected

Since I get no error message or dialog, I have no idea what I'm even supposed to be doing to get the script working.

Beyond that, what is the script doing? Is it something that I can work out manually and enter the appropriate values?

Comment

what happens if you just run the script from the mce file instead of installing it?
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

DVP3d,... That worked! Don't know what was going wrong with the install, but the script now works.

The camera is better than what I had tweaked to, but still not 100%,... definitely close enough to use though,... thank you.

Comment

Yes the same thing happens to me, I installed the script and nothing. I ran the script and whalaaa it worked fine.

on; windows 7, 64 bit max 2010 Design.
                        Ruben Gil
                        www.spvisionz.com
                        www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

... yes same over here ... 3DS Max Design 2010 64 BIT on XP 64 ... installl does not work ... but

Comment

Working...
                          X