Colour bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour bleeding

How can I controll the colour bleeding of materials in my scene?

Sorry for the newbe question

Craig

Post a pic so we can see what it is thats blowing out.
    Try putting a VRay Mat'l wrapper ontop of the mat'l that is blowing out and reduce the GI receive, this is an issue I've had.

Comment

Will do I have a tight deadline for this project si I am not ghing to use GI but I will post an image soon.

Cheers,
      Craig

Comment

Try to keep the secondary bounce around .5 or so
        As I understand it a saturation control is being added to a future build
        to help with this.
        "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

hmmmm, strange. if you're NOT using GI, there should be no color bleeding at all since there is no indirect illumination involved. it would be like scanline with a fast Vray raytracer wothout GI.

JG

Comment

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this, I have been very busy.

I did start using GI in the scene but because of the colour bleeding being too strong in the scene I just used plain old direct lighting.

I am starting to mess around with Vrays GI now I have some spare time. Has there been any progress with the colour bleed controlls? A controll similar to FR's would be amazing

Craig

Comment

well. i know others and i have asked a few times if there can be a control to desaturate the light energy bouncing off or an object. this way we dont look any GI amount, yet we still eliminate the "too strong" color bleed problem

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I agree, we NEED a desaturate control!!!

Comment

this had been talked about for some time (in the past 2 version of the board)
                  at the moment I am only aware of a couple of ways to keep it reasonable
                  one is to keep the secondary strength around .5 or so, the higher the number the more color

the other is a fR (spit spit) trick, create a light colored version of the actual mats, even if is a bitmap, just take an average color
                  render and save the IRMap, then apply the actual materials and render
                  using the saved IRMap.

this worked at one point, stopped when I switched to using lower secondary values. it works(ed) great for fR

to my knowledge a saturation controller is to be added to a future version

Comment

... making it controlable per object would be cool.

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

indeed

Comment

Working...
                      X