Camera + Environment Focal Length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera + Environment Focal Length?

Is there any way to adjust the focal length to match a background environment such as a 720-degree HDR panorama???

For instance, if I have a model and zoom out, I'd like to also make the background image adjust accordingly.

Also, any way to adjust the height in the same manner as well?
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

If there isn't, perhaps there might be a way to link the Vray Physical Cam to both the environment and environment overrides - maybe with checkboxes???

Comment

Add to this wish a tilt respective.

Comment

Anyone? Vlado?

Comment

I didn't really understand the questions, can you explain a bit more?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Let's say I have a HDR in the environment with a physical camera set to an object. If I pull the camera back, the object gets smaller but the field of view of the background stays exactly the same. I'd also like the background view to get wider.

The same applies to tilting the camera - the background view/environment will still remain horizontal yet the model will tilt. I would also like the background to tilt as well but it doesn't.

Is there any easy way, any script out there, or is that something that can be coded as an option into the physical camera?

Comment

There's a mel script called 'Pan and Scan' for Maya that does what he's asking for I think. I don't know of a max alternative.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
                Let's say I have a HDR in the environment with a physical camera set to an object. If I pull the camera back, the object gets smaller but the field of view of the background stays exactly the same. I'd also like the background view to get wider.

The same applies to tilting the camera - the background view/environment will still remain horizontal yet the model will tilt. I would also like the background to tilt as well but it doesn't.

Is there any easy way, any script out there, or is that something that can be coded as an option into the physical camera?
                There is a script for 3ds Max that allows you to create an "image plane" linked to the camera - it might do what you need. I think it was one of Neil Blevin's scripts, but I'm not quite sure...

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X