from .sat to dwg or 3ds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from .sat to dwg or 3ds

hi, long time i didnt post here, and now i´m in a huury with a job , and i´m having some problems with models that the client sent to me, and this models are in SAT format , so my question is how can i convert them to dwg or 3ds.I have tried a script i made in dos but no success.
    kind regards
    Paulo Silva

If you're trying to get the models into 3ds Max - and especially if you want some control over how they come in - your best bet is here:

http://www.npowersoftware.com/

The Translators will do what you need and do it in such a way so that your rendering will look the very best it can.

-Alan

Comment

hi there, the problem was solved the client work with solidwork , and he send me the files again in dwg.
      kind regards
      Paulo Silva

Comment

Most Welcome.

Very often direct conversions of CAD files to DWG or 3DS are terribly low in resolution and render very poorly. If you find that this is the case, the nPower software will be the way to go.

-Alan

Comment

yes i know that, but for this job work´s perfectly due to i don´t have to do close ups, i imported the dwg to 3dsmax and increse the curve steps in the import options panel, nPower is a great tool but for me is to expensive, i don´t get enough paid to invest in that tool, but if this kind of work increase , i have to consider and spend some money.
          kind regards
          Paulo Silva

Comment

Hi Paulo,

Im not sure if you know 3dsmax 2010 connection extension [AMAZING Autodesk update BTW] allows the import of .sat geometry. For us it has been an amazing tool allowing extremely clean geometry translation from Rhino to Max [especially for organic elements]. Once the sat has been imported into max the objects can then be converted to editible poly [where max meshes them REALLY cleanly!]. If you know anyone with 2010 you could import the .sat then mesh the objects and then export a .3ds which once imported into an older version of Max will still be very clean.

In my experience max doesnt always like organic meshs coming from programs such as Rhino which have already been meshed.

Obviously only my 2 cents though!

Tarran

Comment

Working...
            X