Noise/Light Leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise/Light Leaks

I hope this isn't laughably basic but anyway.

When I render an interior with the lights having 'Store with Irrad Map' ticked, I get light leaks - or what looks like light leaks.

When I untick it, the light leaks disappear but the noise in the image appears. I am using pretty high settings in almost aspects of the scene - I can post any settings, images that might help understanding of this if required.

Thanks

N
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

You might be able to work around it by using the "Check visibility" option for the irradiance map.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Infrared digital View Post
      I hope this isn't laughably basic but anyway.

When I render an interior with the lights having 'Store with Irrad Map' ticked, I get light leaks - or what looks like light leaks.

When I untick it, the light leaks disappear but the noise in the image appears. I am using pretty high settings in almost aspects of the scene - I can post any settings, images that might help understanding of this if required.

Thanks

N
      When storing lights with irradiance map you might want to double your settings as it becomes absolutley crittical that your settings are high enough for this method. Especially using many lights.

You can also store the lights in the Light Cache as this can make it smoother.
      Just check the option to store the direct light in the Light Cache Tab/settings.
      Either way you go you will always need to increase your settings when storing lights this way.

Personally I would leave them as they are & increase your shadow subdivisions as you will get much better renders this way [if you can afford the render times & a slight grain]

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X