Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create the coastal waters of tropical islands ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create the coastal waters of tropical islands ?

Hi Guys,

I have a project where I need to create coastline waters. Foam hitting the shores and all animated. I am thinking of using dreamscape but need to know if vray will work with it properly for animations. I need the water to be lapping (only foam not waves) up some beaches and falloff nicely to get the type of renders you see a lot these days where the water colour is bright and then falls off to a darker colour. I know fog can be used to do this, but when I have the water on the beach it doesnt look right and isnt clear enough. I have an entire island that needs to have the water animated and so im wondering if dreamscape will do this automatically ?
    Something like this: http://rendering.ru/index.php/plugin...y/vrayscatter/ - The coast image.

Cheers for any help !
    Last edited by stevesideas; 26-01-2010, 04:46 PM.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Hey Steve,

I don't know about close up but for medium to far distant shots:

The easy way to get that tropical island water is to model the sea bed, an extension of the beech with approx depths.

Paint a nice sand/gradient to light blue and then dark blue texture in PS following the coast line.

Then seperate water geometry sitting on top with simple clear vray material and bump.

I have animated a ship going through water with dreamscape about 5 years ago and it took me a week to get it to work properly and with so many cheats, is was very frustrating. I would say no to that but would be interested in other peoples opinion with dreamscape.

I would image the best way would be animated masked maps of some variety. Maybe an animated noise map masked with a gradient ramp?

Comment

Working...
    X