Vray future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by instinct View Post
    (make the chrome more chrome would be a classic example)

Yea.. or the one that's aways gotten me. "Make all the white.. "Whiter". Sometimes not being happy until anything that's white in the scene is almost 255, 255, 255, even though doing so totally flattens the image.

Took me a long time to realize that a lot of people arn't really looking for "photoreal".. they are looking for "hyper real" or "Perceived reality". Of course this kind of negates the design evalutation aspect of doing photo real renderings if you are just going to "fudge" the heck out of the results.

I've always thought.. wouldn't it be better to go back and change the DESIGN until you are happy? That way you eventually end up with a final product that you are truly happy with rather than saying "well, it looked good on paper".

To me what's done now is more like actually building/constructing whatever it is you are designing... taking a photo of it and then photoshopping the heck out of it and then going "Well, I'm happy with the photo".

But what do I know?

Comment

So at current, would it be a waste of money to invest in more render slaves? should I just wait and see what Vray RT will bring in the near future? I already have a license for RT and am stuck trying to decide what to upgrade next!
      Ville Kiuru
      www.flavors.me/vkiuru

Comment

Well thats exactly what seems to be my question..

Vray allways rules when it comes to photoshop work.
        --- not enough reflection ? no problem , just double the reflection channel in photoshop.
        --- the floor more red ? no problem take the objekt channel and go on in photosop.

to realy be a superior alternitive to the vray biased rendersoulution, i hope, vray rt, vray 2.. what ever uses the gpu power also should be able to render out all our nessesair channels, renerelements and give an interface that thruly supports realtimerendering in an intelligent way.

this is what i would suppose (if possible whith RT)

greetings Tom

Comment

Originally posted by yyk View Post
          So at current, would it be a waste of money to invest in more render slaves? should I just wait and see what Vray RT will bring in the near future? I already have a license for RT and am stuck trying to decide what to upgrade next!
          Easy answer. Don't upgrade. Use what you've got and be artistic with that. Hone these skills instead of just getting the latest, fastest thing out there.

I recall when we first started in business: we had a couple of overclocked 486 machines that were slow as hell, but we didn't really realise they were slow as hell. Its just the stuff we had. We got a loan for a new, mega fast machine and instantly started applying raytrace reflections to everything. It looked crap, but we thought it was brilliant because we could DO it! Its quite funny thinking back...
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket
          ----------------------------------->
          http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
            Easy answer. Don't upgrade. Use what you've got and be artistic with that. Hone these skills instead of just getting the latest, fastest thing out there.

I recall when we first started in business: we had a couple of overclocked 486 machines that were slow as hell, but we didn't really realise they were slow as hell. Its just the stuff we had. We got a loan for a new, mega fast machine and instantly started applying raytrace reflections to everything. It looked crap, but we thought it was brilliant because we could DO it! Its quite funny thinking back...
            Yes you're partially right - but I'm still hitting a wall in polycount that makes the viewport unpractical and thus I'm pretty much forced to upgrade my graphics card sooner or later!
            Ville Kiuru
            www.flavors.me/vkiuru

Comment

Working...
            X