Vray Camera target or "Point at"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Camera target or "Point at"

I must be missing something, (perhaps a functional brain).

With a normal max cam you select an object and hit "Z" and the camera will target that object and you can orbit it.

I don't seem to be able to find a similar feature with the Vraycam.

Jeff, just in case this is helpful, I find that you can orbit the Vray camera's target in the Camera Viewport by clicking on the Orbit Camera icon and then moving your cursor about in the viewport. The Orbit Camera icon is in the lower right-hand corner of max's UI and looks like a Saturn-style planet. I can't find a way to Orbit just a selected object, though, as you can with a Perspective viewport.

You probably already knew this but I thought I'd throw it out there...

-Alan
    Last edited by Alan Iglesias; 07-02-2010, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffG2 View Post
      With a normal max cam you select an object and hit "Z" and the camera will target that object and you can orbit it.

You mean with a perspective view right, not a normal max cam? AFAIK, ALL cameras don't relocated to an object when "z" is pressed (i.e., "zoom extents all selected"). This could be pretty disastrous if it actually did this for cameras in the scene as it would be relocating cameras every time I pressed "z". If your looking to use a vray cam because of exposure troubles that's a different story.
      Last edited by dlparisi; 07-02-2010, 05:03 PM.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
      X