vrlservice_log.txt constant activiy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrlservice_log.txt constant activiy?

I've been monitoring my system with DK HardDrive-Light (http://www.dkpcode.com/downloads.html#DKHardDrive-Light) to see which files are being accessed during disk activity. Other than some antivirus stuff one thing I've noticed is that the vrlservice_log.txt file is being "changed" almost continually, like several times a second.

Is this normal?

Second, if I try and open the vrlservice_log.txt file I just get a bunch of random control characters (i.e, nothing readable). Doesn't seem like much of a log file if I can't read it - is this normal?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

It would be best to install the license server from V-Ray SP4a, where this problem is solved (the vrlservice_log.txt file is not created by default). In any case, the file is not a text file, so you can't see its contents directly.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks! Installing the license serer from sp4a stopped the constant log file access.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
      X