Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurbs Surface Problem - 2 side things don't work

Here's some images.

As you see, mapping onto Nurbs model(Alias Work) doesn't work.
    I tried to search for the solution 'bout that, found one - Double Sided Material Type thing, and that didn't work, too, as you see in the last two images(flipped faces changed...)

I experience these situations occasionally when I do the modelling with Rhino, Alias and etc. Using 'Normal' Modifier - unify on, flip off - in Max works, but the faces change little awesome...

Comments please.

ps. Sorry for my English

Anybody who has a comment about this...?
    The setting in the image was wrong... or something...

Comment

Max seems to have some problems with meshes imported from other programs. Do a search for Rhino and you will find some solutions.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

I have the same problem when I duplicate an already grouped object.

Delete your node before duplicating or delete node after and group again.
        This will resolve your problem (in my case it work... I hope it will be the same for you).

Comment

Can´t you just select those parts of the surface and flip their normals ?

Comment

i think thats all thats needed here ... have turned show normals on ?.... you need to unify them .. so they are going all in the same direction
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

he can, but max transform the nurbs to mesh when fliping.

Not the greatest solution but you can transform the surfaces to high quality mesh, then unify/flip them. Its not a clean solution but is something.

I have the same problem here.

Comment

It normally doesn´t need to be transformed to a mesh when flipping nurbs
                normals.

If you are lucky (depending on the import/export) Then you can
                select these flipped surfaces (not faces) on subobject level and just flip their normals.
                It´s very unlikely that some normals are flipped within a single nurbs surface. But you never know what the importer does

Comment

The only solution I ve found is to flip the normals once you've transformed the nurb into a mesh. If you need to change it you have to come back to rhino... You can check the surface orientation in rhino though, to make sure it's ok before you import it..

Comment

Working...
                  X