Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDRI tutes

Hi guys,

So far Ive been rendering with only Imaps and etc...I wanna get into HDRI lighting...is there any tutorial on how to do this? also I would u to point me where I can find some free HDRI Maps in order to practice. Thx in advance.

One question...is HDRI lighting faster than normal (Imap, etc) GI?or slower? or it depends on the scene?

Sorry if im asking Dumb question..im a total NOOB at HDRI!

Nil

HDRI lighting is the same. its not a different rendering technique. its just a different way of lighting the scene. Basically where you usually use a flat color or a gradient color or whatever you choose to use in your environment slot for skylight, this is where the HDRI comes in. Your environment becomes the HDRI image so basically your scene gets the same lighting as the real background.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I'm not sure, but from my experience HDRI lighting is usually slower than simple skylight lighting (somehow this is logical since with HRDI, the emited light won't have the same intensity and colour from all directions as in environnement/skylight illumination).

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

Try this for a start : http://www.visualart.ro/tutorials/hdri/hdri_e.htm

Note that instead of using SplutterFish HDRI loader, you can use native Vray HDRI material

Comment

Thx guys...really appreciate it
          if anyone else has something to say plz do

Nil

Comment

Working...
          X