Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overlaying textures

hello all,

this doesnt purtain to vray specifically its more a material problem. I was wondering how i can overlay 2 materials for example i want to do either a basket ball court or different sports type fields so i have a rectangle apply a grass map to the field i then want to overlay the painted field lines for football or american footbal or field hockey. Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks in advance
    Ryan

It's simple, use a mask material for the lines

Comment

yes and how do you put two maps in one diffuse slot? If you use mix map they are blended so that's not good?

I'm not very good with max itsself so I also like to know this

regards

flipside
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

You can do that with a shellac material or a Blend, Just use the grass material on the first slot and the white lines with the second material mix them 100% or a map to mix them if using the Blend.

Gonçalo

Comment

Man I think max needs someone with an eye for interface and logic...

In flamingo, a very basic renderer for rhino, you can simply add as many maps to materials as you want, they are simply layered an top af each other, and if you have one with alpha channel the other fills the empty spaces. I think a complex and expensive program like max should at least do some effort in making things a bit easier!

max!

Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

You can also do that with a mix map!

Gonçalo

Comment

The functionality from Flamingo you described is embodied in the composite map (not material). To get non-alpha transparency (blending), lower the output amount in the map's output rollout.

Comment

re

Another alternative is to keep the materials separate...offset the lines of the playing field a very small amount from the grass...go to the properties of the painted lines and tell them not to cast shadows.
                Indecisive archictects will be the death of us all.

Comment

the mask map worked perfect for the football fields and hockey arenas! i havnt tried the other ways... thanks for all the help !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X