Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distributed Rendering WHO HAS THE CONTROL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering WHO HAS THE CONTROL!

Loving DR rendering we use it in our office daily!

The question I have is that if user1 is distributing to all 10nodes and his scene is in the middle of rendering, then user2 comes in and then also has DR turned on. What happens? As buckets labled the nodes names appear on both machines?

Another situation is, All 10nodes have a normal not DR job on backburner.
    Now someone starts to DR render to the nodes, the machines connected and the buckets appear, is this now taking cpu away from the backburner job?

Also when DR if it could not connect the first time due to another machine using it, will it wait and activley retry or will it only try to pickup the nodes at the start of the job?

maybe a stand alone controler that can show current renderings going on and add or remove DR nodes

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

you can send a command line job to Back Burner that starts VRaySpawner, effectively ties up machines and prevents BB from assigning those machines to BB jobs. This will not prevent what you are talking about (AFAIK). But it does let the rest of the team know that those nodes are tied up with a DR job.

paste this into notepad and name it with a .cmd extension. Be sure to change your manager name

Code:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\cmdjob.exe" -jobName jonah-VrayDR -jobNameAdjust -manager [I][B]yourManagerName[/B][/I] -priority 50 -numTasks 10 -taskName 1 -leaveInQueue -workpath "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009" vrayspawner2009.exe
      the numTasks tag will set how many nodes you can reserve with this job. We typically will run this job when we each use DR then suspend it when we're not using it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X