Rendering animation formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering animation formula

Hi, I have always rendered my animation projects (with no moving objects, no moving camera), using the Imap (incremental add...) + LC (flythrough) precalculation method.

I have sent a job to a render farm and they say is better to render with:
    Imap: single frame and "use camera path" activated
    LC: single frame and "use camera path" activated
    so, this way there is no need to make pre-calculation and is fastest in the render farm considering that incremental mode cant be shared in lot of nodes.

I have found some unexpected flickering in the animation. Do you think it is because of this "use camera path" formula?
    Diana Escorcia
    GA estudio

No moving objects and no moving camera?? So why exactly do you render an animation?

I should always recommend the precalculation method if there are no moving objects but a moving cam. Much more reliable!
    http://3dstudioprins.nl/

Comment

Sorry, I meant No moving objects, only moving the camera.
      Diana Escorcia
      GA estudio

Comment

Originally posted by Roest View Post
        No moving objects and no moving camera?? So why exactly do you render an animation?
        LOL. That's what I thought. I wish I could convince our clients to do animation with no moving objects or cameras...
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        ----------------------------------->
        http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

You have to precalculate the maps first by rendering a single frame (Set to LC/LC and then IRMap/Saved LC solution) with "use camera path" activated and "render image" turned off.
          Then turn "render image" back on, make sure that the IR-Map and LC are set to "from file" and send that to the renderfarm.
          Reflect, repent and reboot.
          Order shall return.

Comment

Working...
          X