Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are instances kept within a vrmesh?

hi!

I'm trying to find a balance between ram consumption, rendertimes and a responsive working environment with huge scenes regarding both poly and object count.
    problem is that i can't just use the old attach routine anymore to reduce object count as this for some reason screws up my meshes.

So i'm looking at vray proxies to contain the most troublesome objects, and wanted to know if instanced objects are still instances inside the vrmesh?
    or is everything just collapsed to one big chunk of mesh?

No, they are not instanced inside the .vrmesh file. However once you create the .vrmesh file, you can instance the proxy object itself.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks vlado, good to know, i can continue my mission now - thanks for the prompt response!

...by any chance, does anyone know where i can find some more info about what the vrmesh actually is?
      i mean, i have some vague understanding that they are voxel based, and voxels are unlimited and they are only triggered when hit by buckets, which makes them efficient trees etc.- it's all a bit like voodoo to me at the moment
      Last edited by kimgar; 25-03-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X