UV Render pass out of Vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UV Render pass out of Vray?

I tried searching this and couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to generate a UV pass out of Vray? I wanted to use that in nuke to try and retexture

Cheers

Yes, you can use a VRayExtraTex element with a VertexColor map. You can also get it from a .rpf file if you select to save the mapping channel.

Best regards
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for that Vlado

Comment

You can also give those a try - i cannot imagine Max without it

http://www.footools.com/3dsmax/InfoTexture.zip
        http://www.footools.com/3dsmax/UVWtoRGB.zip

and the Max2010

http://www.maxplugins.de/r2010_files...re_Max2010.zip
        http://www.maxplugins.de/r2010_files...GB_Max2010.zip

Best regards,
        Michael
        This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

Mind you that there is also a vray implementation similar to the one in InfoTexture (vraysamplerinfotex)

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

Thanks guys
            the vertex color work great for the most part, all give the other ones a try tonight.

Yea the VraySamplerInfoTex works great!, I needed it to generate a position point pass to try some post relighting. Any reason it not included in the standard install??

Comment

Hi Guys,
              Well I ran into a bit of a problem, Not sure if it's because my multimatte is antialiased or I've screwed something in nuke.

basically what I'm trying to do is add a new texture using a UV pass to my Diffuse pass masking it with a multimattelement, then multiply that into my Raw Gi and Raw lighting. Is this even possible? Or am I missing some steps along the way?
              Any help greatly appreciated
              Cheers

Scene File

Comment

Yep I sure screwed that comp up.....
                Accidently had the new texture being MULTIPLIED instead of over in the merge node, same with my lighting pass

Comment

Can anyone think why would you ever want to Render a Barycentric coords pass out of Max? I'm struggling to think of a reason to....
                  Maxscript made easy....
                  davewortley.wordpress.com
                  Follow me here:
                  facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Check the Docs of Infotexture. What he does is doing rather straightforward and fast hit-testing in 2D...if you ever need that ? i seriously doubt that :P

Comment

Dave_Wortley,
                      you will not use this method every time but you have many example for the using of UV pass. The most interesting example is that the open book with pages that turn. You make a render with white pages. Then it will be more flexible in 2D post-prod to map your pages and possibly changing the texture of a page according to customer demand. Check this pub : http://vimeo.com/4706286 . They used this method if my memories are good.

Comment

Thank Mric, I fully understand the idea of using the UV Pass in comp, but it's the barycentric pass I was interested in, I do a bit of max scripting and have had to use barycentric co-ords to do some Normal operations. But Can't for the life of me see why you would need a barycentric pass?
                        Maxscript made easy....
                        davewortley.wordpress.com
                        Follow me here:
                        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Thats a pretty cool Audi commercial. defiantly inspiring more creative uses of UV passes

So from my UV comping research so far, I've been using Raw-Gi and Raw-Lighting in order to pipe my new diffuse color in my comp. Does anyone know if this is the proper way to do it? I was under the impression that that Vray aliased all the raw passes, so this will result in bad edging.
                          Cheers

Comment

actually, you are better off just rendering the diffusefilter, lighting and gi passes and then divide them by the diffuse filter to get your raw passes, then comp those back together to get rid of any bad edging. That what I do and it works great!
                            Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
                            Midwest Studios

Comment

Working...
                            X