Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lighcache slowdown with disabled fur and displacement

i have two problems with my scene:

scene renders fine, but when adding vrayfur to a displaced object (even with properties-renderable disabled and hiding the fur) the lighcachecreation needs ages (well, hours estimated instead of 2 minutes).

also processor load goes down to 25 percent while irrmap an lighcache creation on a quadcore when having displacement sitting in the scene, even with modifier, displacement global switches and displacementmap disabled

any idea???
    matthias

Originally posted by digitarch View Post
    also processor load goes down to 25 percent while irrmap an lighcache creation on a quadcore when having displacement sitting in the scene, even with modifier, displacement global switches and displacementmap disabled
    I don't know about your main problem, but the quoted section sounds like you either need to bump up your dynamic memory settings or you are running out of ram. That is just my knee-jerk reaction though.
    Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
    Midwest Studios

Comment

Does your object have enough subdivisions? (VrayFur is allot faster when your object is good subdivided)
      http://3dstudioprins.nl/

Comment

source object ist subdivided to about 80x80cm faces (faccade elements)
        dynamic memory is set to auto 6000mb of 8gb ram (lightcache 1000 samples, irrmap medium default settings)
        scene renders about 4 min with displacement and gi but WITHOUT fur

even when completely excluding the fur from gi and shadows the rendering needs 15 minutes including 10 min lc pass
        rendertime with fur only receiving gi: still waiting, lc estimation is 20hours now

Comment

Is it possible to send me that part of the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can figure out why is the slowdown?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i cleaned up the scene, now with just light, camera, mesh emitter and fur.
            lighcache slowdown is still there, even with no receive/cast shadows and only receive gi. will send a rar to you.
            thanks a lot
            matthias

Comment

Working...
            X