Install 3DS MAX 2011 with VRay 1.5 R4a?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlado
    On my XP64 bit system I can see the lights both in the command panel >> Create and also in the viewport.
    On my Windows 7 system - I dont see them in the Command Panel.

using SP4a

Nir
    3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

all these problems might be a good reason to wait for the official 2011 version of vray hehe

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by nirsul View Post
        Vlado
        On my XP64 bit system I can see the lights both in the command panel >> Create and also in the viewport.
        On my Windows 7 system - I dont see them in the Command Panel.

using SP4a

Nir
        They show up in the viewport, but they won't illuminate anything. Also, they show up in the command panel on Windows 7 for me... Anyways can you email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com ? I would like to ask you to try the 2011 build and see if the problems go away.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado will you have a new version of Vray RT ready at the same time as the recompile?

Comment

Yep, the RT will also be updated.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

will the next vray update support the new autodesk materials?. Reason I ask is that Revit 2011 is supposed to enable better communication via fbx where by changes in revit are reflected in the existing 3dsmax model. I'm trying to see whether its worth keeping those autodesk materials, or converting everything to Vray mats and plain refusing design changes from the architects

Comment

Nope, not for SP5. The whole concept for these materials is revamped for this 3ds Max release (you will notice that the old ProMaterials are gone now) and we have not had much time to research the workflow. We will probably support them for the next major V-Ray update.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Brazil for Max 2011 is out

Cebas Final Render for Max 2011 is out

they have learned their story

oops, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by tryharder View Post
                    Brazil for Max 2011 is out

Cebas Final Render for Max 2011 is out

they have learned their story

oops, sorry
                    <shrug> What do you want me to say about it?

We have quite a bit more work to do than either of them, since we are releasing service packs (not just recompiles) for V-Ray for 3ds Max, V-Ray RT and V-Ray for Maya.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    Last edited by vlado; 08-04-2010, 07:51 AM.

Comment

(: extra features are always fun

---------------------------------------------------
                      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        <shrug> What do you want me to say about it?

We have quite a bit more work to do than either of them, since we are releasing service packs (not just recompiles) for V-Ray for 3ds Max, V-Ray RT and V-Ray for Maya.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Vlado,
                        Pay no attention to those who do not respect quality products. There is a reason Vray is faster than Brazil and Cebas. We all support Vray and know its power. If it must take a few months to release it for 2011, that is fine because the reward for us waiting is worth it.

Teriander

Comment

no reason going nuts and reinstall max THIS SOON....i am sure it will take another hotfix or SP to work properly anyway )))
                          let the CHAOS guys have enough time for another major release of vray rather than rush them for the minor SPs just because Autodesk is shipping new MAX....i always wait at least a month after its release to read all the bugs and probs....between projects now anyway so no reason to rush the update
                          Martin
                          http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

As stated by PIXEL, rather wait a month or two and have something without bugs.
                            Ruben Gil
                            www.spvisionz.com
                            www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

I thought 2011 was the service pack for 2010 we've all been waiting for...
                              Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
                              Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

lol olly )))
                                i ve heard or read somewhere that they are actually rebuilding the MAXes core so we shoudl really see some evolution upcoming years release by release.....
                                Martin
                                http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Working...
                                X