Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Material editor

Hello all,

I was wondering if this as happened to anyone. I just upgraded my OS to XP 64 and installed Max 2010 and this is what the material editor looks like. Before I upgraded the OS, I installed the 32 bit version of Max without vray installed and the material editor appeared normal. At first I thought it was a graphic driver issue and it still may be that. I’m still using the same graphics card but now with a 64bit driver. My card is a NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600. The only plug-in I installed related to the material editor was the color correct plug-in. I installed it when I ran the 32 bit test run of max and there were no problems so I was wondering if Vray somehow could have caused this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott.
    Attached Files

Ok……I found the problem. It seemed when I rebooted my machine, the vray lic. Server was not activated. After re-activating the Lic server, the material editor returned to normal. Every time you turn you machine on, is it required to activate the Lic. Server?

Thanks,

Scott.

Comment

you can run it as a service. You had that option when you installed it.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

You can also register the license server to run automatically from Start menu > Chaos Group > V-Ray for 3ds Max > Licensing > Administration > Register the V-Ray license service.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

or you can put the vrl license server.exe into your startup folder for windows.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
          X