Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rendering an animation

hi!

I often have to render an animation with many moved objects (technical animations). what is the fastest way tor render such a scene? incremental add and multiframe incremental are not the best way because they create flicker especially on the moved objects.
    Does anyone have an idea making the render time faster

Thx a lot
    hofi

multiframe is for walkthroughs only, so you'll have to use single frame, then it's just the irradiance settings and AA you have to work on for render times.

Comment

If it's just a flythrough, I'd set each tenth frame (or so) to render and use incremental add to current map, then save the Irradiance Map, set active range and reuse the saved Irradiance Map for raytracing.

If you're animating objects as well, set active range, still use incremental add to current map, and render all at once (including the raytracing stage).

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

Nenad, using multiframe or incremental add for moving objects is not recommended as it can cause artifacts and plain wrong look; for animations with moving objects Single frame or Direct GI is the only option. Also, it may be possible to split the environment from the moving objects and render those separately - using incremental add for the environment and single frame for the moving objects - and then composite those together.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
          Nenad, using multiframe or incremental add for moving objects is not recommended as it can cause artifacts and plain wrong look; for animations with moving objects Single frame or Direct GI is the only option. Also, it may be possible to split the environment from the moving objects and render those separately - using incremental add for the environment and single frame for the moving objects - and then composite those together.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Hofi,

Sorry for the misleading. Shame on me, I shouldn't tell things I'm not sure of.

Vlado,

Thanks for your explanation.

If you don't mind, I'd like to understand things more indepth :

Is the flickering caused by adding GI off a moving object to its previous positions GI, because its GI effect shouldn't be at the same place anymore whereas it is added to the IMap, thus the confusion between the two positions during the interpolation phase?

Does this make any sense?

Apologies and thanks again.

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

Nenad

no problem!

Comment

Working...
            X