Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about GI

Guys,

I put one omni light (vrayshadow), turn GI on. everything default. render. And the output is not quite there yet ... and the shadows are not softened ... I'll try to post the img for you guys ... appriciate any pointer.. I'm a newbie in Vray, loving it so far. (displacement is a brease)

For the smooth shadows just check "area shadow" , subdivisions control the quality and UVW controls the area shadow size affecting the "softness" of the edge.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Looks to me as if you have no skylight. Is the outer box completely enclosed?

Most likely, the lack of color variation is why you don't see much happening. If you look on the back of the sphere you can see a little bounce going on.

You need to turn on area shadows in the light for soft shadows.

BTW, no need to use an omni for soft shadows, most light are directional due to the socket/ hood etc. Try playing with directional and spot lights first off

Have fun
      --Jon

Comment

indeed, I had no sky light what so ever.
        I'm just trying to go as far as I can, without using skylights..
        GI should work wel with only one light .. indirect light should be more visible that what is being noticed there... is there any indirect light 'multiplier ?

Comment

www.vray.info
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Working...
          X