VRay license server compatability with VRay clients at lower builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay license server compatability with VRay clients at lower builds

I did a quick scan through the forums if this has been asked before ... but have not found answer.

Will a recent build of the VRay license server (e.g. SP5) be able to serve licenses to VRay clients at lower builds (sp4a and below)?

Or do the clients and the license server have to be the same build to have them communicate properly with each other?

We will be upgrading our VRay license server ... and it will take some time and coordination to upgrade all our VRay clients to the same build (multiple office locations/time zones).

Thanks!

Yes, it should work fine; the license server can provide licenses for older V-Ray versions.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks again Vlado! That's great news on our part.

Comment

Vlado,
        Is there a way to scan networks and display what versions of vray are installed?
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Hm, not sure right away, I have to think about it. In any case you will probably need access to one of the V-Ray files (perhaps the changelog in the Program Files folder).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks for the reply vlado.
            It would be a very useful tool for studios that have a large number of machines
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
            X