Night-time animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night-time animation

Anyone have any tips for good optimization settings for night time animations with vray lights and glossy reflections? Trying to do one now but the frames are taking VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY long with a 900x550 resolution....

can you give some more details?
    Is the camera animated? is there animated lights? is there animated objects?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

yes the camera is animated, the lights are not. There are animated people but they are excluded from the the GI calculations. The problem is all the vray lights and the glossy reflections. If I lower the settings then I will surely get lots of noise.....have to look and see what the exact settings are for the subdivisions. It is working now....but each frame is taking 1.5 hrs on dual quad cores! I am doing the IR map calculation now.....using the multiframe incremental every 15 frames. have to look up all the other settings for more details. Have never done a night time animation, so I am sure there is a way to optimize the scene....I hope anyway!!!

Comment

Use "Incremental add"
        Are you using Light cache for secondary bounces?
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Never understood the difference between incremental add and multi-incremental.......yes using LC....but that has already been caluculated....and the IR map has already been calculated....the final frames are coming out now.

Comment

Working...
          X