No announcement yet.

PC upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could probably recoup some of the cost of the card by reselling it and going with a good DX card. Those Quadros are still good for certain applications, just not so much for MAX anymore due to the reasons posted by Mr. Vinnik.
    Ben Steinert
    pb2ae.com

Comment

Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
      I have a quadro and a GTX8800 and the GTX has outperformed the quadro hands down in all situations, after 2 years.
      my .02 I do use the quadro machine more, though since it has 8GB RAM vs 4...big difference, too.
      I had learned quadro were originally intended for CAD type stuff and 3ds max is based on games, so it makes sense to use a gaming card for 3ds max, IMO...
      I guess every system and app are differant. I’m currently running a Quadro FX 4600 under a XP64 OS. For the longest time I was using my FX4600 with Max 8 and a 32bit OS with the midterm driver. It ran like a fine tuned Ferrari. Now that I upgraded to Max 2010 and using there so called performance drivers, it performs like a 1960 VW micro-bus going up hill in a headwind. Not only that but I, but I just love the scene jumping around in the orthographic view port every time I select the object or select a command. It seems at one point, Nvidia Quadro where at the top of the heap, now they are at bottom of trash can. Just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
      X