Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Mtl Opacity/Transparent question

Hi All

Hope you can help. I am currently working on a short animation which requires part of the model to become transparent to reveal a hidden piece, then as the animation carries on that part becomes solid again.

Is there any way I can adjust the opacity of the VRay Mtl during the animation to give this effect. I have tried looking through the searches, I found something similar and a suggestion was made to put a VRay colour in the opacity map. My only problem with this, is the material that needs to go transparent and back again is brass which has reflections etc.

I hope that makes sense, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gio

I would suggest doing it in post; render out that section twice, one with and one without transparency.

You will have more control and it'll probably look better.

Comment

Adding a visibility track in the curve editor would allow you to make the "part" disappear and reappear if it was a separate object to the rest of the model.
      Or, if you wanted the brass object to become "glass-like" you would need to animate the vray material properties.
      Or maybe a better way would be to have a multisub mat with 2 materials: 1 Brass-like, 2 Glass-like (transparent) you could then apply a materialID modify onto the object and animate between the 2 ID's.
      Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
      I need a new signature
      --
      Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
      ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Thanks for your responses guys it helped a lot. I did a little more searching and came up with the method of just reducing the transparency of the object in it's properties, and then implementing it into the timeline. It's rendering now and all seems ok!!

Thanks again for your help!

Gio

Comment

Working...
        X