Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray - SIGGRAPH - 2010 - Online?

Heya

was wondering if there is any web or anythin where I could watch the SIGGRAPH pressentation online... Im just dying to see GPU .. !!!
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

I've asked this before without response, so I guess it won't happen. I would have liked to see the industry workflow presentations but can't go this time either.

Comment

The user event is tomorrow; I'm not sure if we will have a video of that, but the information will be on our website soon anyways.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Boooo.... I hope CG Architect (if im not wrong) will cam cord again u guys and get some vid of the new GPU based system :P

Vlad could u give us a link maybe ?

Comment

Would be great to be able to see recorded sessions or presentations.

Comment

Guys I'm dying T_T there is 0 info on web about vray gpu@siggraph 2010.... was it so bad or is it a big secret? Can some1 who went there post any info or anything plox?

Comment

No information really just pictures.

http://vray.info/news/article.asp?ID=462

V Miller

Comment

I know Jeff Mottle from CGArchitect was recording the session. I don't know what I can say beyond that.
                Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
                Midwest Studios

Comment

Well, it is public info, so no problems to say anything you like I will also make a small web page with the things that were shown for version 2.0.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

In that case, it was AWESOME! :P
                    Midwest Studios

Comment

Cant w8 to see it !

Btw... Vray GPU... can I render 10x10k render with only shaders? or will it crash... I'm asking mostly about cars... there isnt many textures so maybe that will be possible?

Comment

With the 64-bit version, it should be possible. The final frame buffer is not stored on the GPU, so there is no limit to the resolution.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

uuuu that souds like thing for me !

Tell me vlado if u can...

10x i7 4ghz + 2x/4x 480gtx in them wif 12 gb ram... will it all run under DB smoothly? Were about to build a mini farm to render 10/20k pics.... if thats possible then it would be amazing...

Comment

OK sorry.

So what is the scoop, any thing official posted anywhere?
                            There are three threads and no news in any of them.

So is there a link, for God sake somebody write something this is getting silly.

We don't all have the time or Money to go to SIGGRAPH, so help us out.

Phil

Comment

IMHO, there wasn't a huge amount of ground breaking information. The new physical camera exposure area when using the VRay Sun/Sky was pretty much the only thing that I didn't already know about. Almost everything else has been mentioned/talked about. The other feature that has finally made it here is dispersion. The tests of that looked great. Obviously there was a lot of information about the new versions of VRayRT. I enjoyed the more technical information about the major differences between CPU and GPU, especially the limitations of the GPU.

One major thing that I noticed from Siggraph in general was that VRay is the only solution to offer a very flexible pipeline/rendering/proofing options. VRayRT is going to be a very large part of my pipeline along with heavy compositing in Nuke. Together, I have already been able to shave a significant amount of time off of my production time. Add to that the plethora of information provided by Rusko and it was a great couple of days.

I would love to say more, but I didn't really take notes and most of the stuff I had already seen. So if you can wait a couple more days when they post the information from the meeting, you will be in the know. Jeff Mottle will be posting up the video at some point so you may want to stay tuned over @ CGArchitect. It was a great meeting and the Chaos guys/gals were extremely gracious with information and answering many questions. I look forward to the new releases. I think VRay has a VERY bright future from what I have seen @ Siggraph. I don't feel that any other solution offers a more robust set of tools. But that is just my 10 cents worth.
                              Midwest Studios

Comment

Working...
                              X