Stereoscopic helper & Irradiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereoscopic helper & Irradiance

when pre-calculating the irradiance map using VRays stereoscopic helper, can you just calculate it for the middle view? would there be any problems/advantages calculating it for both?

also a bug: turning on stereo red/cyan in the VFB causes vray to hang at the end of rendering, I just leave it off till the render finishes and its ok

You can calculate it for the middle view only, but there might be issues if some side of an object is not visible in the center view, but it visible in the left or right one.

Thanks for the pointer about the anaglyph preview, will look into it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      You can calculate it for the middle view only
      just to clarify, you can't calculate it for both views at once?
      if there is a problem with objects not quite seen, I guess merging the irradiance is the only way

btw its been really helpful having it

Comment

Originally posted by R2J2 View Post
        just to clarify, you can't calculate it for both views at once?
        This is what it does by default; it calculates both views at once, and they share the same irradiance map.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

apparently (and I guess it's what was R2J2 asking), VRay recomputes surfaces that have already been computed in the first view, am I wrong?
          I tried to push the parameters on a test scene, and it seems that for an identical POV (eye distance at zero) it takes the same time to compute the 2 views...
          it would be nice to use the left eye samples and complete it on the fly for the right eye, like the "multiframe incremental" mode would do for a "fly through" animation.

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by chib View Post
            apparently (and I guess it's what was R2J2 asking), VRay recomputes surfaces that have already been computed in the first view, am I wrong?
            Nope, it doesn't. It just checks if new samples are needed.

it would be nice to use the left eye samples and complete it on the fly for the right eye, like the "multiframe incremental" mode would do for a "fly through" animation.
            This is exactly what it does now.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

maybe I'm doing things wrong, but I have SP5, on max 2009 x64, a VRayStereoscopic helper with eye distance at 0.0, focus method on "none", view "Both" and adjust resolution ON... with irradiance map set on "very high" I ensure you that it spends the same time on each eye... so I'm a bit confused
              I join my test scene if you want to check...
              thanks!
              P.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X