Light Cache Hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Cache Hanging

I was wondering if anyone has run into this problem before. Im rendering a 3600-2160 image of an interior space and as the LC is being built it runs fine until it gets to about half way and then it just sits there hanging and the estimaged time just keeps going up, and then after a while the progress bar moves back for a bit. Ive rendered this scene out using really low settings and low resolution for quick tests but the instant i take it up to production it fails... it sat over night building light cache for 14 hours never passing the 50% mark, it's very perplexing.

My system specs are dual xeon L5640 total 24 processes
    12 gb ram
    windows 7 64-bit
    max design 2010 sp1
    vray 1.5 sp 5

any help would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

Ryan

any errors in the vraylog?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Do you have any displacement in the scene too?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Any Architectural materials in there?
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        ----------------------------------->
        http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

autograss? or other plugin? cracks?
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

NO CRACKS i have a legit copy as does everyone else in my office since we purchased it in 2002 thankyou

no autograss no other plugins all vanilla install to prevent any errors...

i hm going to check through my materials to make sure there are no Arch mats as im working with Revit 2011 now and i find they do sneak in there so i will check thanks!!

Vlado: no displacement i had seen that brought up before i searched the forum before posting so i turned off displacement and i still get it hanging however i did render from a different physical camera in the scene and it worked i then tried another one and it worked i went back to the camera that had hung and it hung again...
            Last edited by prey1979; 25-08-2010, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Ah, so it is repeatable; is it possible to get me that scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com ?

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Check for Raytrace material or maps

Nir
                3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

vlado is there a size limmitation? if so i can setup an ftp and email you the link
                  it seems to hang on 2 camera's which are more or less the same spot i came in his morning to see it just stuck on rendering a single spot on the floor...it seemd to go through the light cache this time...

Comment

If you can get me a ftp link that would be great, otherwise please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com and I can set up an ftp account here.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

'i hm going to check through my materials to make sure there are no Arch mats as im working with Revit 2011 now and i find they do sneak in there so i will check thanks!!'

An easier way than checking through all the materials is to right click in viewport and select vray scene converter. This changes materials and raytraced shadows into vraymaterials and shadow.

Comment

Working...
                      X