Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MaxScript - Ceiling Grid Generator

Hey everyone,
    I just finished another maxScript called Ceiling Grid Generator. It's a free script that will quickly create 'metal' ceiling grids that you normally see in commercial interior spaces.

This script allows you to set custom sizing for the tile openings, the width of the grid, the height of the grid, and also creates the strips along the border for a nice finished look. You can also shift the grid side to side or up and down as well as rotate the grid. You can then preview the final grid, or go back and make more changes before committing to a grid that fits your space perfectly.

You can access the script on my website: http://www.digitalxmodels.com/produc...ator_maxscript
    and there is a video demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXVnnkT2KMY

Enjoy!!!
    John Pruden
    Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
    3D Model Marketplace

Thanks for the effort

Although there is a floor Gen script which may be used more or less to get the result.
    A nice feature would be "align grid to an edge" or another one: "scale grid unit to an edge"

Nir
    3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

Made a minor update to the script today:

v 1.1
      8/30/2010
      ---- changed grid color to yellow to avoid blending in with light gray viewport backgrounds
      ---- added support to system scale set to "Feet" and modified min, max, and default settings accordingly
      ---- modified min, max, and default settings for system scales set to "Meters" and "Millimeters"
      ---- Command Panel now hides during updates to "Thickness" and "Grid Width" rather than flickering

To obtain the most recent version, if you already downloaded v1.0 simply log into your account and in your order history, just re-download the file.
      Last edited by digitalx3d; 30-08-2010, 12:36 PM.
      John Pruden
      Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
      3D Model Marketplace

Comment

Thanks for writing it, however I am getting this error when trying to run it in 3d max 2009
        --Syntax error: at on, expected <rollout clause>
        -- In line:

I know beggars can not be choosers. Curious if I did something wrong or will it even run in 2009?
        Thanks either way.
        - Tim Higgins
        Life is good.

Comment

Same in Max 9
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply dlparisi.

I was just informed that plug in is only supported for 2010 and newer. I am guessing digitalx3d might might make it available for 2009 if there is enough interest ...... maybe I know my company is interested. Either way we have tested in 2011 and got decent results.
            Thanks John.
            - Tim Higgins
            Life is good.

Comment

sweeeeeerttttt

Comment

Hi, can u adjust it maybe so we can have vray lights instead of celling grid maybe? Or textured squares,with different MTL ID... also any chance to pick custom shape of it? I never try ur script sry, thanx for hard work...
                CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I went to try this on a job today, but I am getting an error. The error says --runtime error: copy error on file
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

error

forget it, right issue.