Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more detailed log?

hey guys

i am fairly new to using vray in a production environment and i really need more information about what vray is doing. i need really really verbose logging and render statistics. i am using vray for 3dsmax and i have set my log level to 4 and set it to write to file. while i see some good information, its missing some i am interested in. does anyone know how to get this type of info? if not where do the feature requests go?

timings...
    acceleration structure build time
    subdivision time
    displacement tesselation time
    time spent on non brute force gathering/shooting
    actual bucket rendering
    unaccounted for system time <- i need to know if vray is to blame or not.

memory consumed by...
    polygon meshes
    subdivisions
    the acceleration structure
    unaccounted for memory <- again i need to know what vray is using and what max is using

ray counts...
    camera
    shadow
    reflection
    refraction
    diffuse
    glossy
    total

object counts and their % hit... <- important to know if i am wasting geometry thats never actually getting intersected with

lastly texture usage...
    number of images/textures
    mb read from disk
    file io time
    tiled image statistics...
    nb of not tiled images
    nb of tiles requested
    peak memory specific to textures

i know this sounds like a lot of information that most guys wont use, but its what i am used to and is what i need to be the most efficient.

steven
    Last edited by strang; 26-08-2010, 09:00 PM.

Some of the things you already have (sd tree build time and memory, ray counts for shadow/gi/reflection/refraction/camera rays). Bitmap textures are handled by 3ds Max and V-Ray has no information about their usage.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

the statistics are spread all through the log and i missed the ray counts... i do know that some information i listed is included already, i just referenced another renderer's log

anyways, this is one of my issues... you can't track texture memory usage because of 3dsmax? why do the textures have to be handled by 3dsmax?

can i request we get more information? if so where can i log this request?

steven

Comment

Working...
      X