Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Distributed bucket rendering - networking what connections cables/ hardware/etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Distributed bucket rendering - networking what connections cables/ hardware/etc?

Heya

Just was thinking... Well more than just thinking. I need to make soon 10 PC server build to maximize render times on 1 Big 10k + images. I was just wondering, how much data actually Vray send/recieve? Do I need some special router that can handle so big bandtwich or will standard 100£ do the job just fine?

Also does DR is limited by CPU or System in total ? For example I can have 10x Quad, or 10x 2x Xeon 6 core? Or will I run in problems with xeons that I can only use 5 of them....

Also is there any way to break that 10 pcs barier? To up to 20 maybe or so...

Thanx, bai.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

At the start of the rendering, V-Ray needs to transfer the .max file to all the render slaves. During the rendering process itself, V-Ray only needs to transfer bucket data, which on the whole is not that much. However if there are resources like textures, proxies X-Ref scenes that must be loaded from a shared network resource, this will increase the traffic.

The DR licenses are per machine, regardless of the CPUs or number of cores. Each workstation V-Ray license adds 10 DR licenses (so if you have 2 V-Ray licenses, you can use 20 machines and so on).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ooo thats great news. I always thought that its limited because of something... dunno what but good to know it. Thanx for ur time Vlado ! Also quick question. When I send work to render using DR... can I then use my laptop and work with vray ? Or should I send it to Backburner and then use my laptop to work with vray ? I got 1 pc currently so I cant test it out on my own unfortunately...

Comment

when you are rendering, ie your license is in use, you can not work on another pc since your license is already in use.
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Humh weird... I can swear I could render image on my workstation and still start second max and use vray to work on scene hmhmhmh.

Comment

V-Ray has a UI and a render license; it is possible to render on one machine and use the interface on another, but you can't render or use the UI on two machines at the same time, if you have just one license.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
              Humh weird... I can swear I could render image on my workstation and still start second max and use vray to work on scene hmhmhmh.
              Like I said, on another pc. You're talking same pc
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Working...
              X