Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRaydirt sort of inverted?

Hi all

I have a box only and want to make the edges of the box darker than the middle. In other words the box doesn't touch anything else, just the box by itself, so want to make the box "dirty" on the edges/corner, but nice and clean on the face.

I don't seem to be ale to get the right setting in my VRayDirt map
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

U can do it simply by applying UVW Map, set it to face, (if the model is nice and clean, or just use box) and apply gradient to it. Set gradient to square, and then u can have fun with noise in gradient options. U can then use composite to get more mix using textures and so on using gradient as alpha and bla bla bla... It also should render a lot faster than dirt...
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

well the box was just an example and easier to type. My actuall object is 3d text. Want to make the edges dirty. (and it's on a VRlightMaterial)

doing signage
      Last edited by Morne; 05-09-2010, 08:22 AM.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

it works perfect if my main material is just a normal VRayMTL. As soon as I make it a VRaylightMTL, it doesn't work anymore

(using inverted normals ticked)
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

nevermind, got it working. Just increased the radius on dirtmap and decreased light miltiplier slightly
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Working...
          X