how to fix image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to fix image

i am getting some artifacts in a few detail parts of an image. its a high resolution image about 3600x3600.

here's a couple of the problem pieces:

i want to fix the artifacts in the left image and the splotchiness on the floor in the right image.

is this an issue with the settings for the materials (they are both using glossy reflections) or is it an issue with the settings for the irrad. map?

sean

try irrad first but could be the interpolated glossy.

Comment

Are you using bumps and Glossi interpolations? Usualy its caused by mixing both...

Gonçalo

Comment

so if i try fixing it with the irrad map, what settings would apply?

i have the preset at LOW, with the subdivision at 50 and the samples at 40.

Comment

Sorry, I didnt understand your question...

Gonçalo

Comment

i am wondering if the artifacts in the images are there because i don't have the proper settings for the Irradiance map - given the amount of detail in the model.

R2J2 was saying that it may be the case (that my irrad. map settings aren't quite right for the model). if this is the case, then i am hoping to get some guidance as to which settings for the Irradiance map i should change to get better, cleaner results in my rendering.

i hope this is starting to make sense. i am still learning how all the settings work, so i may not be explaining it the right way.

sean

Comment

I'm still playing around with glossy reflections, but what I've done is to start with low settings (Irrad map & interpolated refections) and keep upping the values untill the image looks ok.

Comment

Working...
              X