VrayColor problems AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayColor problems AGAIN

1. In the VRayColor Texture the gamma correction type and value do not get saved with the Max file.
    ie. I set the gamma corection to "Specify" and the value to 0.45 save the file and re-open it and it has changed to "None" "2.2".

What am I doing wrong?

Max 2009 64bit, Vray 1.5 SP5, XP 64. LWF

2. So another problem also from this is when I send the file off to network render, it saves the file, so what setting is it using in the VRayColor texture?

3. Also I noticed that in the documentation it mentions that the VRayColor Gamma Correction does NOT alter the rgb values of the color, so does this mean it does nothing.

4. I have read heaps of threads from all trying to use VRayColor texture to get accurate output of colour entered into the texture, but there are no clear answers how to do this.

5. The color swatch of the texture does change with different gamma values but the colour of the material display in the material editor does not change, what colour is it using when it renders?

The actual color never gets changed (the numbers that V-Ray uses always stay the same). The gamma setting is only for the color swatch display and for nothing else.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, one simple answer to 5 questions - legend.
      All very clear now.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X