Vray 2.0: 2 paid updates per year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.0: 2 paid updates per year?

Just saw the press release: are these bug releases or feature updates?
    Really exciting news!

where did you see it??

Comment

its on vray.info
      but where the hell have you seen the features list? ))
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

here: http://shop.cgarchitect.com/vray-20-upgrade.html

best regards
        themaxxer
        Pixelschmiede GmbH
        www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

1. There will be 2 Commercial (paid) Upgrades for V-Ray per year
          I dont like this much. Mostly because I know theres no way my boss is going to spring for them and we'll end up years out of date.

Comment

sorry, i am probably blind, but where exactly am i supposed to see the features? WHAT improvements (apart form the brief showcase on SIGGRAPH) in Vray 2.0 am i buying?
            also
            should i get ready to spend 400 EUR on vray upgrade for each dongle i have and then another 150 EUR twice a year for both of our licences?
            Martin

Comment

First there is no feature list, just a press release for pricing and release date.
              Then: where did you see pricing for the 2-yearly updates?

If it were 150 per update, I would prefer subscription.
              Last edited by trick; 08-09-2010, 01:38 AM.

Comment

well, this make my day, i hope for the best... but two times a year! come on, i bought vray & rt less than a year ago so this its not making me happy.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Arch Pedro A. Solano
                "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
                Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
                Follow us on facebook
                Visit us on PSolano

Comment

hey guys, chaosgroup is working for years now without any charge! and you will get a vray license AND vrayRT cpu+gpu!

I have bought 2 vray RT licenses not far ago... and the update model doesn't take this into account.

best regards
                  themaxxer
                  Pixelschmiede GmbH
                  www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

So I'm stupid.

I have Vray the latest, what do I pay ?

I also have Vray RT since it first came out, what do I pay?

December is a long way off..................... but good to hear.

Comment

My english reading skill isn't as good as yours but I've understood that for older customer (previous 1 Aug 2010) the cost is 400€ and for a year there is 2 commercial upgrades(no more free SPs) pre-paid, the next year you should paid for the other 2 upgrades... it's something like the Autodesk Subscription that gives the possibility to download the released upgrades during the year and the next version at the end of the subscription.

I think that Chaos will be more clear with the upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post
                        So I'm stupid.

I have Vray the latest, what do I pay ?

I also have Vray RT since it first came out, what do I pay?

December is a long way off..................... but good to hear.
                        => vray RT GPU!

best regards
                        themaxxer
                        Pixelschmiede GmbH
                        www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

with the FEATURES i was refering to the 1st post in this thread......it was misleading me

i have nothing against the chaosgroup charging 400 EU per 2.0 upgrade...ALTHOUGH i havent seen the full list of features i hthink it will be well worth it......i am more curious about the OTHER 2 commercial upgrades per year, for example how much do we pay, what features are planned for upgrades, will there be any subscription options etc.
                          Martin

Comment

this thread will be on FIRE today ))))
                            Martin

Comment

Well, in general I have no problem to pay for Vray, did we actually ever have to pay for an upgrade, yet (I don´t remember
                              I also have no problem to pay per year. I just don´t like the 2 updates per year. We usually have pretty long term projects
                              and usually only upgrade if really neccessary and if the projects allow us to do so.

Will there be offers for people who do not want to upgrade every half year ?

Also, chaosgroup, be carefull not to end like Autodesk, who are forced to include new features at all costs
                              because customers pay subscriptions. Keep up the good work you did the last years and don´t f*** it up !

Comment

Working...
                              X