Vray 2.0: 2 paid updates per year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phew good to hear !

I would also like to Thank You !!! Chaosgroup for the last years of fantastic development.
    Vray is became the most import product in our company. You always had a feeling of what users really need.
    It happend several times that I had an idea for a new feature, just to realize that it´s allready there. (interpolated
    irradiance maps for example).

cheers !

Comment

Can I ask when dose the Vray RT GPU Beta testing start?

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post
        Can I ask when dose the Vray RT GPU Beta testing start?

Phil
        A bit later today

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I supose I will find out how Sh*t my graphics Card is now.

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500

Thank you Vlado.

phil

Comment

Hello everyone,

Please be patient as we will be releasing official information from our side on the upgrades. The more speculation and questions - the more unnecessary frustration and heated emotions.

The GPU beta will start later today. There will be official information on the upgrade pricing etc.

Regarding the 2 commercial updates a year - that is a little vague. There will be commercial upgrades and other varieties of upgrades, but unless we release the full information - your speculations will only cause confusion and frustration.

Please be patient, we all love you for being with us all this time and we have tried to make it work for everyone. With every upgrade there are people who are not in the best position, but do consider everything we have offered so far.

Cheers and stay tuned for the official information.
            Peter
            ...keep walking...

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
              ...There will be commercial upgrades and other varieties of upgrades, but unless we release the full information - your speculations will only cause confusion and frustration...
              Putting something like "there will be 2 paid upgrades per year" in a press release without full information would make one think that was your intention

Comment

nice news.
                I'm somewhat suprised that there is no discount for vray and RT both user. (I'm not a RT user)
                Anyway, current dongle(1.5) is used for the 2.0 license too? or need another dongle?

---------------------------------------------------
                oh, I saw the dongle answer on that site.
                Last edited by sandykoufax; 08-09-2010, 04:37 AM.
                :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

thats fair Peter!
                  ...and the deal all get with upgrade is more than generous!!!! BIG THANKS for that!

maybe if this, what you just said was released prior to the official info on the pricing, all those speculations would not have been raised in the first place

Best Regards
                  Martin
                  http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    We did consider this, but it was decided that will be unfair to people who have recently purchased V-Ray RT.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    No problem. You are right of course.
                    Kind Regards,
                    Richard Birket
                    ----------------------------------->
                    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Must say its difficult for me to understand how recently purchased V-Ray RT users are taken into consideration, but those who supported the product early looses out.

I am with all who think that Chaos has been a great company to do bussiness with and hope it remains so.
                      None of the programs I pay a year fee to I am happy with what I am receiving so really hope that their plan will be distinct and not follow the others out there.

Comment

More information now available here:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ogram&p=435825
                        Peter
                        ...keep walking...

Comment

And more information is available here:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...n-on-V-Ray-2.0
                          Peter
                          ...keep walking...

Comment

Originally posted by plastic_ View Post
                            I wont enter some subscription game, if that means every new max recopile or service pack is a payed Vray upgrade, then I guess I will stop staying on the edge and keep using max 2010 and Vray 1.5.
                            or just switch to mentalray
                            Kind Regards,
                            Morne

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              There seems to be some misunderstanding - we certainly do not plan to have two paid upgrades a year. As before all service packs and point releases are free. We do plan to have major versions more often, but for sure not twice a year.

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              I guess I wont be switching to metnalray then just yet
                              Kind Regards,
                              Morne

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
                                Hello everyone,

Please be patient as we will be releasing official information from our side on the upgrades. The more speculation and questions - the more unnecessary frustration and heated emotions.

The GPU beta will start later today. There will be official information on the upgrade pricing etc.

Regarding the 2 commercial updates a year - that is a little vague. There will be commercial upgrades and other varieties of upgrades, but unless we release the full information - your speculations will only cause confusion and frustration.

Please be patient, we all love you for being with us all this time and we have tried to make it work for everyone. With every upgrade there are people who are not in the best position, but do consider everything we have offered so far.

Cheers and stay tuned for the official information.
                                So then who leaked the information before the "official information"?
                                Kind Regards,
                                Morne

Comment

Working...
                                X