Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Reduction VRaySky map

hi!

I need to reduce noise on the image I'm working on.
    Most of the time when I use VrayLigths into the scene the first thing that I do is to increase the VrayLights Subdivision value from default ( to something higher like 24...

In this particular interior scene to illuminate I'm using only a VraySky Map (SunLight disabled).
    The VRaySky map hasn't a parameter to control Subdivision, so is there a way to increase subdivision for the VRaySky "light source"?

Ps.
    I've tried to apply a normal VrayLight and check the "Sky Portal" button and then increase Subdivs parameter for that VrayLight, but it doens't have effects: the noise amount is the same.

Thank you very much.

try to use a vray dome light with the vrayskymap as texture and increase the subdiv to 100 (or more) and check "store with irradiancemap"
    this should reduce the noise a lot.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

thank you, it works better, even if there is yet noise on the side of the geometries that are lightened by light entering the window. To eliminate completely the noise I should use a normal Vray Planar Light and put it in the window and switch off the VRaySky map, but in this case I lose the VRaySky color and intensity...
      I tried to use a normal VrayLight like a sky portal but even if I increase Subdivs for this light, noise amount doesn't change.

Thank you very much for your support.

Comment

glad to hear but can you post an image please?
        maybe there is a problem with the glossy reflection apart from the subdiv in the lights.

try this.
        increase all reflection subdiv to 32 and all the lights to 60-100 AND store with irradiance map. for AA use DMC min/max 1/3 thresh. 0.003
        maybe the noise goes away...

best regards
        themaxxer
        Last edited by themaxxer; 16-09-2010, 12:09 AM.
        Pixelschmiede GmbH
        www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Working...
        X