Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's bounce number

I'm a new V-Ray user.
    Can someone tell me where to specify is the bounce number ?
    ... I use irradiance map method but I can't find if light bounces 2 times or 2000 times (...guess not) !

Fabrice
    Regards, Fabrice.
    www.protozoaire.com

Depth is the number of bounces

Hsph ubdivs is the number of samples sent out from each bounce to calculate the lighting at a point..

Interp samples is the number of samples each point 'looks' at to smooth out the color variations (Compensates for lower numbers of subdivs)

Generally the presets are good.. But if you have large expanses of similar colors.. or are rendering at silly large sizes (for print) you can usually lower the min rate several steps to speed things up..

Theres a lot more fun to be had tweaking settings in there, but thats about the basics..
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Thanxx Dave !

...there's just nothing about "Direct computation's Depth" in VRay's doc !

One more precision :
      U say "HSph. subdiv" is number of samples sent out from each bounce...
      so what is "Direct computation's subdiv" ?
      Regards, Fabrice.
      www.protozoaire.com

Comment

Yeah, I played with this a lot, and never saw any difference by changing the Direct computation's subdivs

Fabrice, note that when you change the direct comp depth, it will not do much unless you set sec bounces multiplier to something more than 0.5.
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
        X