Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation rendering parameters for IR/LC and final rendering animation VRAY

Hello,
    I'm a newby in animating with vray and was trying out the generating IR / LC and then proceeding with final rendering animation. I have been following the tutorial http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150SP1/tutorials_anim2.htm. I finally got somewhat of the idea of how this works but had some questions regarding rendering parameters when generating both steps. I’m trying to produce an exterior animation that will be played on a LCD screen for our client. This tutorial doesn’t say anything about the Image Sampler, Color Mapping, and DMC Sampler.

1. Should the parameters for all these be the same for when I Generate LC/IR Maps (first step) and Rendering Final Animation (second step)?

2. These are the parameters I’m using for:
    IMAGE SAMPLER
    Adaptive dmc
    Mitchel Netravali

COLOR MAPPING
    Hsv exponential

DMC SAMPLER
    Adapt amount: .85 min samples: 4
    Noise thresh: .02 global subs: 2

Are these o.k.?

3.Should the output type and output size also be the same for both steps? (I would like to use HDTV)

Any help would be great,
    Thank you

2. Adaptive dmc is good, but DMC sampler setting looks quite low. I'd try something like:
    -min samples 8
    -Noise threshold 0.01 - 0.005
    -Global subdisions 1 if you don't have any special reason to change it.

Mitchel Netravali is sharpening filter and may produce some noise/tiny flickering in animation use. Example Lanczos could work better.

3. Output type in pre pass mode doesn't matter, because Vray wont save any image files when prepass is calculated. It'll save GI data only.
    You get best results, if you use same resolution for pre and render pass. Some people like to calculate pre pass with smaller resolution to make it faster,
    but it won't be so accurate.

-LarsSon
    Lasse Kilpia
    VFX Artist
    Post Control Helsinki

Comment

Thank you very much,
      I will try these settings to see the results.
      Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X