Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Extract all channels from VRIMG?

Hi all

I have a VRIMG file with lots of channels. Currently I'm extracting from that file each channel 1 by 1. There must be an easier way (In render elements they were renamed to some funny names)
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

that is what ProEXR does. I used it last night, for the first time, and it worked like a charm.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

yes I know about that. I meant is there a way with the vrimg2exr tool to do it? (Some of us are stuck with limited resources and can't get each and every little plugin or script that comes out) even if it is only $5
      If my main software cant do it, and I cant do it with free scripts, then it aint gonna happen

I've been looking at ProEXR for a while now, and it does look interesting, but the boss won't agree to it. I'll have to find another way to do it.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

if you just want to extract the channels from a vrimg, search this forum for Shimakaze's Tools. theres is a vrimg2exr batch conversion tool

Comment

I've tried that tool, It doesnt extract elements that have been renamed
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

you can edit the batch-file to your needs...but everytime you change the channnel-names it won't extract automatically , thats right

Comment

Originally posted by sid View Post
              you can edit the batch-file to your needs...but everytime you change the channnel-names it won't extract automatically , thats right
              O yes sorry I was being thick.

Didn't think of editing the batch file
              Thanks
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Guys, could you explain vrimg to me a bit. I mean what's the point in saving to this format if "nothing" can open it? So you have all channels in one? That seams ok. But someone also wrote that you can save all the channels from elements to exr if you manually type *.exr. I tried it but didn't happen. It DID save an exr file and I can open it, but no layers. Is there a procedure? Right now I just add an element.
                www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

The exr have all your layers (but photoshop and most other doesn't show it) If you want to see your layers in Photoshop you need to get the ProEXR plugin for Photoshop. Or get Nuke which is in same price range and Max (and it can open EXR with layers (all channels).

Or instead of just renaming the vrimg extension to exr, just below that is a thing that says save channels seperately. I just prefer the vrimg file. No technical reason, just like it that way
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

This would work for a single render, but how do you work when you want to render several cameras (views) with a batch render? What is the general work flow here? I have a problem because if I turn on VFB MAX batch renderer doesn't save my elements, if I turn off VFB I get the elements but then I get low dynamic range exrs I think, because they don't blend well to the background (a white edge even if I defringe), also if I adjust exposure, I see there are no details in burnt areas.
                    www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
                    X