Vray License check frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray License check frequency

I will soon work on client site a few days a week. I know I can get the Vray license from my office server, but my problem is the following: The client's network allows me to log to the office ( via VPN) but when i'm logging, every other connection drops, the network, the internet, blablabla...

When Vray check for the license, is it possible for me to launch VPN, then Launch 3dsMax and Vray, have the license checked, and then get out of VPN to be able to use the regular network ressources.

Of course the other solution would be to cary the dongle with me, but I forgot it a few times in the past, so I would like to avoid the situation. Plus, If the license remains at the office, I can shoot renders remote, either from new worksite or from home...

So, How frequently does Vray check for a license, and if it is to often, is there any way to edit it / change it for my actual needs.

Thanks.
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

I use Logmein Hamachi (Free) ...excellent software!!! to work remotely i did use it alot as well as Logmein ignition.

Fernando
    show me the money!!

Comment

Can not.. The client is a security minded person, to be polite, so an other setup is not an option.
      Thanks for the input...
      Alain Blanchette
      www.pixistudio.com

Comment

if you use your own computer is secure, since you are creating a virtual private network over the internet between your computers at your office and the laptop.
        show me the money!!

Comment

Sorry, just brigning this one on top of the threads as I do need an answer.....

Originally posted by thablanch View Post
          I will soon work on client site a few days a week. I know I can get the Vray license from my office server, but my problem is the following: The client's network allows me to log to the office ( via VPN) but when i'm logging, every other connection drops, the network, the internet, blablabla...

When Vray check for the license, is it possible for me to launch VPN, then Launch 3dsMax and Vray, have the license checked, and then get out of VPN to be able to use the regular network ressources.

Of course the other solution would be to cary the dongle with me, but I forgot it a few times in the past, so I would like to avoid the situation. Plus, If the license remains at the office, I can shoot renders remote, either from new worksite or from home...

So, How frequently does Vray check for a license, and if it is to often, is there any way to edit it / change it for my actual needs.

Thanks.
          Alain Blanchette
          www.pixistudio.com

Comment

V-Ray will check for a license when you open/close the Render Setup dialog, as well as when starting/stopping a render, and occasionally when rendering in the material editor. It will also periodically ping the license server every 30s to tell the license server that the machine is still connected, so that the server can automatically free the license if the connection drops.

If you connect just when you start a render, or when you need the Render Setup, then things should be ok.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado
              Alain Blanchette
              www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Working...
              X