Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White spotches with high settings

Hi everybody:

I've been playing with the latest version of the demo version and in a very simple scene (just a room with a hole to allow the skylight passing thru and a ball inside) I always get some annoying white spotches. This occur mainly with high quality preset. It's like a light leak, but it occurs not only in seams , also in the middle of faces.

My scene is modelled with solids, I don't think they could be lightleaks.

I'm I missing some important switch? Thanx for your help

Would be good to see a pic of your problem, maybe you have the same problem I´ve got. Have a look at this topic:

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=3041

Are you using a Pentium4 or WinXP?
    If it´s the same try setting the Color Treshold settings to 0,4 and Normal Treshold to 0,5 in GI Rendering rollout.

Schnupps

Comment

I'm using winxp and athlon xp 1900

In previous version that bug never appeared, just in this one.

BTW, can u tell me how can I post an image of this problem?

Thank you very much

Comment

I think you can´t upload any images on the chaos-server.
        You have to have web space somewhere for it and link it ore use the IMG button. If not send me the image and I put it up here.

If it´s the same it might be XP?
        Schnupps

Comment

Watching your video, seems that you have a very strange problem related to the image itself or maybe your video card.

My problem seems to be more than a G.I. issue or a geometry issue, because the spotches that appear are not so bright, and they seem to be part of the geometry color. I tweaked the settings as you mentioned, but I've got even more "lightleaks"!

As I mentioned, with low presets, there is no problem!!

Thanx again

Comment

Working...
          X