Render selected objects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render selected objects.

I forget, can we render selected objects like with scanline? Or we limited with full and region?

I'm busy with a large render and can't check right now, but laready thinking this render needs some tweaks on 2 or 3 objects only (will take long with a region due to the angle of the objects in relation to the frame)
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I don't believe it's possible. This is a feature that I want as well. There's an option for this in the newest build but it renders a region around the selected object.

Comment

What about objectID element? I tried it but couldn't get it to work. I don't think I understand it correctly.
      www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Well you can seperate them out using ObjSelect. But as you're looking into saving some Time i guess the easiest would be to select all objects you wanna re-render, select invert, set matte on and alpha contribution -1.
        You end up with an overlay that you can simply merge over the original rendering.

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

If you set matt on and alpha to -1 would the reflections and GI still be taken into consideration for the rendered objects ? Also, wouldnt you still have to render out everything just for those objects you wanted...another reason why render selected objects would be beneficial !
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Well if "render selected" leaves out all objects then it wouldnt match at all due to missing reflections/shadows/GI etc and it is the equivalent of hidding the objects or setting the renderable off. Setting the object as matte takes it into consideration for reflections, shadows and occlusion, but it doesnt actually render the object. Only what is needed/contributing to the visible part of the scene. An override would be handy for quick local checks or testrenderings tho. For final rendering on the farm that wouldnt really work anyways i guess.

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

Working...
            X