Skylight vs BGcolor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skylight vs BGcolor

Hi all. Its been awhile since I've actively looked into vray. I'd like to clear up some doubts that I have.

My question is.. is the built in Environment Skylight (under render settings) the same as assigning a Background color to the environment manually?

If I assign a 50% grey backround and render.. is it the same as a 50% grey vray skylight?

Thanks.

the skylight in vrays render dialogue window is basically the same. but its got a multiplier allowing you to have more control. not only that, the vray environment doesnt render as a background. There for you can use a color or hdri for environment LIGHTING yet have something else as the rendererd background using max environment slot. This is usefull when using screen environment for background images. yet having something else do the illumination from skylight since screen mapping is not a good mapping type for your illuminations

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Re: Skylight vs BGcolor

Originally posted by sjlim
      If I assign a 50% grey backround and render.. is it the same as a 50% grey vray skylight?
      Thanks.
      Yes.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X